Obtaining Triton DataCenter
This document explains how licensed customers can obtain the supported version of Triton DataCenter and provides links for open source downloads.
Triton DataCenter customers must only use the supported version of Triton on their licensed hardware. The supported version can only be obtained from MNX support. New and existing customers can create a support ticket at portal.mnxsolutions.com to request the latest version for any new installations.
MNX support will also supply all necessary instructions for applying any post-installation updates and future updates as they become available.
Although the software supplied to Triton customers is built from the same sources as the software made available in the open source repositories, there are some key differences, which make it essential that Triton DataCenter customers only obtain their software through MNX support.
The builds/releases supplied to Triton customers have been through formal QA testing and have been deployed in Triton Compute Service before being released.
- The upgrade procedures have been tested and verified against the builds that have been released to Triton DataCenter customers by MNX support. For more information on Triton upgrades, visit Installing software updates.
Open source builds are available from the public Triton Development manta build directory; these can be downloaded either via the Manta CLI Tools or directly via curl.
Using the manta tools:
mget -O /Joyent_Dev/public/SmartDataCenter/usb-latest.tgz
- Without the manta tools:
curl -C - -O https://us-central.manta.mnx.io/Joyent_Dev/public/SmartDataCenter/usb-latest.tgz
From this point, all setup, installation, and configuration steps for the open source software mirror those of the supported software with the exception of the DevOps/End-User Portal which is only available to licensed customers.
Additional information for open source users:
- Github Repository: github.com/TritonDataCenter/triton
- IRC Channel: #smartos in irc.libera.chat
- Mailing List: SDC Discuss
- Discord: Discord Channel Link
- For further information on purchasing Triton, please see Triton DataCenter.